Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Trip to Cascade



So over Memorial Day weekend, Riley and I thought it would be a great time to take a few extra days off and make the long trip to Cascade to do some work on our house. Yes, we still have that house. We have renters in our house, Andrew and Brittany and their two children. How strange is this, but like us, they have two boys, almost identical in age to Cole and Finn. We pitched a tent in the front yard as to try and not intrude too much on our renters, who by the way were very hospitable. I was very thankful for Brittany letting me shower and use the bathroom. I told Riley that if I was going to have to use the outhouse, he was going to have to remove the spiders from their home.

Well Cole had a blast. He had a little buddy, Ian, to play with the entire weekend. He was pretty much covered in dirt the entire weekend. We had great weather and got quite a bit of work done. Riley had two loads of gravel brought in to smooth out the driveway, which the kids thought was their own personal playground. Cole was a little disappointed when Riley took the dirt away, but did have fun on the backhoe helping out. I got the flower beds weeded and looking good. Riley started building a walkpath from the backyard down to the river. It's going to be amazing when he gets it done. Now we just need somebody to buy the house. Let me know if you're interested, I'll cut you a great deal. LOL!!!

Thanks again Andrew and Brittany for all your hospitality.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great weekend. I hope some one wants to buy your house soon. That picture of Finn reminds me of Todd. He does the exact same thing.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete